On Jan. 4, 2012, President Obama ignored constitutionally established separation of powers and the rules of the U.S. Senate by appointing three individuals, Sharon Block (D), Richard Griffin (D) and Terence Flynn (R), to the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) during a pro forma session.
The Coalition for a Democratic Workplace is party to a federal lawsuit that challenges these unlawful recess appointments and has file amicus briefs in similar cases. Below are key documents related to this suit.
- US Court of Appeals Decision Overturns Illegal Recess Appointments (Decision / CDW Press Release)
- Opening Brief in Noel Canning Case
- Reply on Motion To Intervene
- Motion to Intervene In Noel Canning
- CDW Motion To Block Unconstitutional Recess Appointments
- Amicus Brief in 9th Ave. Meat Case
- CDW Reply to Opposition to Motion to Supplement
- CDW Amicus Brief in Renaissance